January 26th-27th Fri-Sat 6:00-9:00 p.m. $99
Field notebook, instructional handouts and 1 roll of b&w 12 exposure film.
Students need to have:
Students are required to have an operational 35mm film camera and corresponding manual.
To get the most out of this workshop, it is best to have your manual.
If original manual is not available Google is a good source to find and print a manual.
Think, Feel & Shoot.
Re-DISCOVER the joys of old-school Photography by learning how to shoot Film.
Meet your instructor Wes Hallmark, as he tells you exciting stories about working at various television stations including in Detroit as a film photographer and videographer.
And, Wes will demo different types of film cameras: 35mm Single lens reflex, (SLR), Range finder, twin lens reflex, Mid-size format & large format. It’s really cool to see these various film cameras!
Before you click the shutter.
In this hands on workshop you will learn how to operate your camera and how to load film.
YOU Load the Film, bravely go for it, and find the fun in Film Photography by embracing the risks!
· Make sure Camera is Empty
· Loading a fresh Roll!
• On camera, set your ASA to corresponding ISO on film packaging.
• Identify frame counter: Shoot and advance film until you reach the
number “1” on the counter.
• Primed and Loaded, Ready to Shoot: Who has questions on Auto Mode?
· Using Auto Mode- Most 35mm SLRs that have
· Auto mode is a general guide to exposure in average lit environments
· Instructions on Manual Aperture Settings
· Be Prepared: Purchase two sets of batteries and install one set in the camera.
· Aperture primed and ready: Remember, this is film, value each frame!
Various props and fun shooting scenarios will be set up to challenge the student and allow them to shoot!
LEARN HOW TO DEVELOP FILM!
2 lucky students will be chosen to have their film developed during class and Wes will demo the process. Students will have the opportunity to see how film is developed into negatives.
Classes are held at The Gina Zhidov Photography Studio 327 North 6th, Chickasha
Sign up below: Must sign up and pay to be considered part of workshop. Once you sign up check your e-mail for an invoice to pay. If you have a January workshops $99 gift certificate, please indicate in the form below and bring the certificate to the workshop. You will receive your workshop booklet pdf via e-mail once payment is received.